Bahrain to resume shrimping July 15
Manama, July 4, 2012
Bahrain will resume shrimping on July 15, said a top government official, dismissing a report that the annual ban could be extended to six months.
“No decision has yet been reached on the implementation of the six-month ban like in other GCC countries,” said Public Commission for Protection of Marine Resources, Environment and Wildlife director-general Jassim Al Qaseer he said.
Many shrimping ban violations have been registered this year which negatively affected stocks, he said.
Traditional shrimping locations have also been affected as a result of illegal reclamation and increase in the number of fishing licences, he added, said a report our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy
- Sanjeev Kapoor captivates Treat visitors
- Sudan firm to export animal feed to Gulf
- Arrest of Saudi with pressure cooker 'overzealous'
- Stability ‘returning to Bahrain streets’
- UAE’s coffee & tea usage up 85pc in 3 years
- Alwaleed Foundation supports art course