Dubai police launch road safety campaign
Dubai, July 8, 2012
Dubai Police, in partnership with FastFit, an express “one-stop-shop” automotive servicing solution, has launched a campaign to ensure safe tyres during the summer throughout the emirate.
FastFit, with particular expertise in tyres and batteries and part of Al-Futtaim Auto Centers, has positioned its teams at key locations as part of the ‘Summer Without Accidents’ campaign.
“Our objective is to reduce accidents caused by poorly maintained tyres and equip motorists with the best knowledge about tyre safety check, especially before embarking on long driving journeys,” said Kevin Jones, managing director, Al-Futtaim Auto Centres.
“Throughout the campaign, our teams have been positioned in key locations to ensure that all vehicles are safe and trouble free.”
FastFit have begun tyre safety checks on the Hatta-Oman border and Hassa Emarat station on the border of Abu Dhabi-Saudi Arabia. The campaign will be rolled out in numerous other locations, government departments and Mercato shopping mall on July 13, 14 and 15, a statement said.
Other stopovers during the road show will include the FastFit Centre, Al Quoz (behind Toyota, SZR), from July 20th to August 20th and other strategically located shopping malls.
“Checking car tyres should be mandatory and motorists should conduct safety checks every two weeks especially in hot weather conditions to avoid the threat of serious accidents. This is an integral part of the safety of motorists and other road users,” Jones added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan