Jotun launches new curing product
Dubai, July 9, 2012
Jotun Powder Coatings, one of the world’s leading producers and distributors of powder coatings, has announced the global launch of a new generation low temperature curing product.
The new Reveal Tempo addresses the demand for a powder coating that cures faster and/or at low temperatures, driving an increase in productivity, a reduction in energy costs and the ability to coat more heat sensitive objects, a statement said.
Reveal Tempo has been developed for both wet and dry applications, allowing it to be used for a wide range of applications ranging from appliances to fixtures and furniture.
The new coating can cure at temperatures as low as 130C/20 minutes, and as high as 180C/3 minutes, giving users a range of benefits when compared to standard technology.
Users can significantly increase the number of goods coated, enjoy up to 25 per cent in energy savings, coat heat sensitive objects, facilitate the curing of pre-assembled materials, or even combine several of these benefits, resulting in a mix of increased productivity and energy savings.
“We are very excited to launch this innovative product to the global market. Reveal Tempo is our answer to the OEM market’s growing demands for a low temperature cure powder coating that is highly productive, energy efficient, and meets the corrosion, chemical and mechanical requirements of the industry,” said Olaf Conreur, Industrial Category manager at Jotun Powder Coatings.
“The call for a highly efficient and eco-friendly low curing product has long been a key focus area for the powder coating industry. The release of ‘Reveal Tempo’ demonstrates our ability to meet these requirements.”
Reveal Tempo offers superior mileage and appearance and can be easily applied at a thickness of 55 µm or even lower when it is applied on an organic primer such as an e-coat.
The new product, once applied, delivers an overall good flow and smooth finish. It is available in standard white, light colors and a range of other colors, is eco-friendly and does not contain any solvents, so no amounts of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are released into the air, the statement said.
Unused or over sprayed powder can be recycled with minimal wastage, and disposal is easy and safe. In addition, all Jotun Powder Coatings’ products do not contain lead.
Bjorn Skjelby, director – Industrial Segment, Jotun Powder Coatings, said: “We are the first manufacturer to launch this solution on the market at a global level.”
“Reveal Tempo is an engaging and dynamic new product that answers the consumer demand for productivity as it cures in only a matter of minutes while also answering the demand for energy savings and heat sensitive substrates as it cures at 130C,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal