Ikea launches 2013 catalogue in UAE
Dubai, September 9, 2012
Ikea UAE, the leading Swedish furniture retailer, will begin free delivery of its signature yearly publication, the Ikea 2013 Catalogue, in Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi this week, following the simultaneous 38-country global launch.
Themed Bring New Life to Your Home, the pages of this year’s catalogue are filled with new products and inspiration for home design lovers, particularly highlighting the use of textiles to create comfortable, personal and affordable touches in every area of the home.
The 2013 Ikea Catalogue - more than 211 million copies worldwide – will also feature a smart phone application, which provide extra benefits for the catalogue users.
The application will bring the Ikea catalogue to life with videos, interactive experiences and photo galleries, ensuring the catalogue will be relevant for the lovers of the digital age as well.
John Kersten, managing director, Ikea-UAE, Qatar and Egypt, said: “The creative content of our new catalogue has been elevated. The catalogue focuses on telling stories and reflecting what people really do in their homes rather than functions.”
“Our applications for iPad and iPhone make it easier and more convenient for our customers to access the catalogue anytime. The catalogue smart phone applications also offer readers extra content by showcasing scanning symbols on selected pages, that you can literally scan with your smartphone and gain access to many extra features such as 3D imagery, videos telling you a story about the designer behind a product, and other interactive functions.
“And of course, keeping up with our customer promise, the catalogue showcases our wide range of products at affordable prices that are valid for a full year, acting as a constant invitation to our store,” he added.
The 2013 Catalogue is also available on Ikea UAE website keauae.com as well as at the Ikea stores at Dubai Festival City and Yas Island, Kersten said.
“Visually the catalogue is rich in color and inspiration by showing textiles thoroughly across, textiles being a key priority for us this year. Textiles are much more than about function. Textiles give a room a flavor, textiles marry function and beauty and textiles help us relax.
“And textiles are an affordable way to introduce an easy change in a day to your home. In creating new textile patterns, Ikea designers drew inspiration from history, memories, movies, and more, leading to a wide range of textiles that suit different tastes,” Kersten added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha
- Twelve dead in Qatar restaurant gas explosion