Masafi receives Green Brand award
Dubai, October 8, 2012
Masafi, a leading FMCG brand in the region, has received the first UAE Green Brand award.
The award recognises companies for their strategic thinking and planning in reference to environmental awareness, ecological footprint, energy conservation and environmentally-sustainable practices.
Masafi was among top companies which was conferred the Green Brand award at a gala ceremony held at Fairmont Dubai. It was presented to Nikhil Desai, category marketing manager at Masafi, a statement from the company said.
The company has also been featured in the first UAE Green Brand 2013 book, published by en•book - an international publishing house which mainly focus on studies and reports on branding and marketing.
The book showcases case history of companies who have carved a niche with their sustainable practices and how they have implemented eco-friendly policies in production processes.
Masafi is the only mineral water company featured in the commemorative book, the statement said.
“Since its inception 36 years ago, Masafi has always cared for the environment and is ready to go the extra mile towards a better tomorrow for the people and society. We are committed to sustainability and it is embedded in our company’s culture,” Desai said. “In fact, we have invested significant resources to further build on our environmental initiatives such as new technology; augmented our recycling collection team and fleet to further build on our commitment to the environment.”
“Hence, we are extremely honoured to receive the prestigious UAE Green Brand award here. The honour reinforces our resolve to continue promoting and partnering sustainable practices to safeguard the environment.”
The first UAE Green Brand Book, brought out in cooperation with Dubai Healthcare City and Enpark, not only communicates the best practices of companies but also spreads a message of education to the environment through informed choices, aimed at creating a new generation.
The UAE Green Brand Book is the regional edition of the ‘Green Brand’ book, which has already published its fifth edition in Europe. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack