AS&E clinches $5.2m ME order
Massachussets (US), October 16, 2012
American Science and Engineering (AS&E), a leading supplier of innovative X-ray detection solutions, said it has won a $5.2 million order from a Middle East customer for supply of multiple parcel and vehicle X-ray screening systems towards VIP security.
With over 50 years of experience in developing advanced X-ray security systems, the AS&E’s product line utilizes a combination of technologies, including patented Z Backscatter technology, Radioactive Threat Detection (RTD), high energy transmission and dual energy transmission X-ray.
The order was placed by a Middle East government agency for cargo and parcel X-ray systems as part of the VIP security system, said a senior official.
“Together with our customer, we are working to provide a full-range of solutions for this government agency to screen vehicles, parcels, and site perimeters for VIP security in the Middle East,” remarked Anthony Fabiano, AS&E’s president and CEO.
“In the past 15 years, we’ve sold over 500 systems in the Middle East and we are very proud of our ongoing effort in the region to help secure environments and detect trade fraud, threats, and contraband,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals