Emal wins nod for certified safety training
Abu Dhabi, October 31, 2012
Emirates Aluminium (Emal) recently received letters of accreditation to conduct certified health and safety training programs on-site from the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (Nebosh).
This was awarded by after following a rigorous assessment process.
Accreditation was given for two training courses: Health and Safety at Work and International General Certificate for Health and Safety. Emal attained “excellent training capability” from the independent assessors, which complies with strict international standards.
Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, Emal’s president and CEO, said: “International recognition of our health and safety training is a fitting reward for the dedication of everyone at Emal to achieve a safe working environment.”
“The accreditation is further evidence of how of health and safety is being fully embedded into the Emal culture. ‘Safety first, last and always’ are not just words, they are actions which are at the heart of all we do on a daily basis.”
Following accreditation, Emal will implement the Nebosh-accredited training for all Emal employees and ultimately for contractors working on what will become one of the largest smelters in the world. This will allow Emal to benchmark its health and safety competencies on an international level. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires