KFC Arabia top brand for Mena youth
Dubai, November 4, 2012
KFC Arabia has ranked high as the favoured brand among youths in the Mena region, with 12 per cent choosing it over other rivals such as McDonald’s (9 per cent), a report said.
KFC topped the list of overall favourite brands in the UAE, while also scoring highest among brands in the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) category with 24 per cent, according to the study conducted by market research firm AMRB and Teen Research Unlimited (TRU), a global leader in research.
Taking place across 37 countries, the TRU Global Teens syndicated study covered current and relevant information regarding teenagers (12-19 years old), divulging their values, lifestyles and favourite brands. The findings were compiled from the answers of 2,057 participants in the Mena region, 400 of which were conducted amongst UAE nationals.
KFC’s popularity continues to soar in the region as a result of strategic marketing campaigns that target today’s youth by tying up with their interests, the study said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase