Youths burn tyres and rubbish bins on a
road. Image courtesy: Gulf Daily News
One killed; 1 hurt in Bahrain blasts
Manama, November 5, 2012
A garbage cleaning worker was killed and another wounded in two separate bomb blasts at dawn in Bahrain's capital Manama, the Interior Ministry announced.
The workers were performing their job duties when the blasts occurred, Bahrain News Agency quoted the ministry as saying.
The ministry's webpage on Twitter reported that the cleaning worker died in Gudaibiya as a result of the explosion of a home-made bomb when he was passing near the location of the explosive device.
Another cleaning worker sustained serious physical injuries as he was performing his duties when a similar contraption device exploded in Adliya.
Meanwhile, masked youths terrorised motorists in several towns and villages across Bahrain as they went on the rampage yesterday, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper.
The youths disrupted traffic by burning tyres, rubbish bins, lampposts, palm trees and water tanks during a spate of violent acts in Bilad Al Qadeem, Juffair, Daih, A'ali, Ras Ruman, Karzakan, Sitra, Nuwaidrat, Jid Ali, Sehla, Saar and Tubli.
Around 60 thugs also hurled Molotov cocktails at the Sitra Police Station at around 1am, said sources.
The attacks come just days after all rallies and public gatherings were banned by the Interior Ministry in an attempt to curb street violence. Legal action would be taken against anyone who calls for, or takes part in, illegal demonstrations.
Some motorists were stuck in traffic for several hours as major roads were blocked due to street violence. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station