Bahrain police smash terror cell
Manama, November 21, 2012
Bahrain police have smashed a terror cell involved in planting fake bombs in heavily-populated areas, highways and on main avenues, said a top official.
The accused have been referred to the Public Prosecution to face legal charges, according to a report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
Crime Detection and Forensic Science director-general yesterday said a fake bomb had been found while searching the home of one of the suspects.
The terror cell stands accused of creating panic, terrorising innocent people, disrupting traffic and subverting security and public order.
The Interior Ministry has vowed zero-tolerance when it comes to the protection of innocent people's lives. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head