Bahrain police smash terror cell
Manama, November 21, 2012
Bahrain police have smashed a terror cell involved in planting fake bombs in heavily-populated areas, highways and on main avenues, said a top official.
The accused have been referred to the Public Prosecution to face legal charges, according to a report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
Crime Detection and Forensic Science director-general yesterday said a fake bomb had been found while searching the home of one of the suspects.
The terror cell stands accused of creating panic, terrorising innocent people, disrupting traffic and subverting security and public order.
The Interior Ministry has vowed zero-tolerance when it comes to the protection of innocent people's lives. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking