Iraq gets multi-function plane from Lockheed
Baghdad, December 13, 2012
The Iraqi Air Force has received a C-130J Super Hercules, a military multi-role, multi-mission capability aircraft, from Lockheed Martin, marking the first of the initial three aircraft of a total order for six C-130Js.
The other two of these initial three aircraft have also departed for Iraq. The remaining three C-130Js will be delivered in 2013.
The Iraqi Air Force will use the airlifters for intra-theater support for its troops and to provide humanitarian relief operations in various locations.
"Fifteen countries have already selected the C-130J Super Hercules to meet their airlift requirements," said George Shultz, Lockheed Martin's vice president and general manager for C-130 Programs.
"Be it recapitalization of existing fleets, or new operators seeking proven airlift performance and capability, the C-130J is always the logical, low risk, affordable, proven answer."
Acquisition of new transport aircraft will provide Iraq with the ability to operate seamlessly with US, Nato and coalition forces engaged in a wide range of operations and missions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy
- Sanjeev Kapoor captivates Treat visitors
- Sudan firm to export animal feed to Gulf
- Arrest of Saudi with pressure cooker 'overzealous'
- Stability ‘returning to Bahrain streets’
- UAE’s coffee & tea usage up 85pc in 3 years
- Alwaleed Foundation supports art course