Giolitti opens first UAE outlet
Dubai, January 6, 2013
Leading gelato, pastries and coffee brand Giolitti, with origins in Rome, has officially opened its first UAE store on the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, near Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
The opening ceremony was attended by important dignitaries including the Italian Ambassador to UAE Dott Giorgio Starace, the Italian Council in Dubai Giovauni Favilli, and the Minister of commerce of Rome Davide Bordoni.
During the opening, Giolitti was handed a license plaque of excellence by the minister of commerce, traditionally offered to historical shops and prominent brands in Rome, a statement from the brand said.
“We are delighted to bring Giolitti’s famous recipes for ice cream, coffee and pastries to a select location in Dubai, where our customers will be able to enjoy the traditional tastes of Rome. Giolitti is appreciated in many locations across the world, and we look forward to introducing genuine Italian tradition through our offerings in a cosmopolitan city such as Dubai,” said Gianluca De Luca, the general manager of Giolitti.
Giolitti’s historical special formula for ice cream precedes a hundred years, and relies on completely natural ingredients. The secret recipe has been coveted for decades, and has won converts amongst international cognoscenti. While Giolitti will always remain known for its famous gelato, it also bakes fresh pastries and is a purveyor of excellent coffee. The brand’s signature creations include truffles, Pistacchio ice cream, and ice cream filled with real fruits.
Giolitti comprises a special dedicated section to Alfredo, another historic brand of excellence in Rome; where chefs prepare famous Fettuccine Alfredo, Fantasitic pizza shovel Roman-style and other delicious Italian dishes.
In order to guarantee offering and presenting the Italian quality in its best, Giolitti hired Italian chefs, pastry chefs and bartenders.
The Dubai store adds to Giolitti’s select few outlets around the world in Rome, Istanbul, Kuwait, Qatar and India.
Middle East customers’ appreciation for traditional Giollitti products has resulted in a plan to launch more stores across the region, bringing the total up to ten. While the brand wishes to allow more customers to taste its famous wares, it values traditions and heritage too much to open more than a handful of select stores in discerning markets.
“Demand for our products has escalated in the Middle East, and we are working on a plan to make Giolitti available in more locations in the UAE, and region, very soon,” De Luca concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station