Bennigan's launches first UAE restaurant
Dubai, January 26, 2013
Bennigan's, a chef-driven US neighbourhood restaurant chain with outlets across South America, Asia, and the Middle East, has announced the opening of its first restaurant in the UAE.
Bennigan's is a renowned American brand brought over by Dynamic Hospitality, a food and beverage investment company operating under the umbrella conglomerate Al Aroud Group.
The Irish pub-themed casual dining restaurant chain, known for its generous portions and generous pours and friendly ambiance, was founded in Atlanta, US, in 1976. The new UAE outlet is located in the Claren’s building on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Dubai.
Speaking at the launch, Saleh Al Aroud, the chairman of Al Aroud Group, said: "We are excited to bring Bennigan’s to the UAE and offer a new dining experience to the region. Dubai takes pride in its diversity, being a home of many nationalities, as well as in its strong reputation as a hospitality nerve center in the Middle East."
The opening ceremony was held in the presence of several top officials incluing US Counsel General Robert Waller.
Bennigan’s is one of the American Franchisors with which Dynamic Hospitality has signed deals. The other brands include EarthFruits Yogurt and the well-known Spanish restaurant La Postreria.
The Al Aroud Group, whose investment list includes airline, information technology, real estate development, advertising, marketing, and event management companies, has invested Dh200 million ($54.4 million) in the food and beverage industry in the UAE and the Mena region through Dynamic Hospitality, stated Al Aroud.
"We are happy to open Bennigan’s in the heart of Dubai’s luxurious Downtown district, and are confident that our guests will enjoy the comfortable and unique environment that the restaurant offers," he noted.
Bennigan’s menu offers a wide selection of American fare which includes signature Certified Angus Beef hand cut to suite the guests’ preferences along with the world famous Monte Cristo, Bennigan’s original, lightly fried and served with raspberry preserves for a unique combination of flavors, all offered extremely well generous.
Al Aroud said the company plans to launch two more Bennigan’s chains in the UAE. “In addition to this, we are opening at Dubai Mall and Sahara Centre,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha
- Twelve dead in Qatar restaurant gas explosion