Bahrain fresh produce prices jump 30pc
Manama, January 27, 2013
Fruit and vegetable prices at Bahrain’s Manama Central Market have surged by almost 25 to 30 per cent with nearly 50 trucks carrying fresh produce stuck at the King Fahad Causeway awaiting clearance, traders said yesterday.
They claimed that trading at the market was paralysed with no truck carrying fruit and vegetables entering the kingdom since Thursday, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
They pointed out that all fresh produce are imported through the causeway on a daily basis as their storage costs are very high. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires