147 UAE companies to exhibit at Idex
Abu Dhabi, February 7, 2013
Over 147 UAE-based companies will exhibit at this year’s International Defence Exhibition and Conference (Idex) set to be held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre from February 17 to 21.
UAE will host one of the largest country pavilions spanning over 12,500 sq m of exhibition space.
Amongst those with the largest space reserved include Tawazun, headline sponsors of the exhibition, with 2,918 sq m reserved, and Mubadala Development Company, the Abu Dhabi-based investment and development company, with 1,870 sq m reserved.
“Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 makes clear that diversification beyond oil and gas will require advancement in sectors including aerospace and defence,” said Mohammed Omar Abdullah, undersecretary of the Department of Economic Development, Abu Dhabi.
“Abu Dhabi-based companies have already achieved significant progress in these areas, establishing the foundations of industry that will support economic development for decades to come. Idex presents the ideal platform for these companies to showcase their products and services, underpinning their international visibility and support the long-term success of the industry in Abu Dhabi.”
“We are very pleased with the large national turnout at this year’s Idex,” said Saleh Al Marzooqi, Idex director. “With military and high-level business leaders attending the event, Idex has become a true platform for local organisations to showcase the emerging prominence of the UAE’s defence industry.”
“We very much look forward to the advance offerings on display by companies like Tawazun, which are increasingly staking their mark as global leaders in the industry.”
Highlights that will appear at the UAE country pavilion this month include Abu Dhabi Autonomous Systems Investments’ advanced line-up of unmanned, remotely controlled vehicles across air, land and sea; Caracal’s range of leading edge hand guns and rifles; NIMR’s multi-purpose vehicles specifically designed for tactical missions in harsh environments such as arid deserts, modern urban warfare, deep infiltration missions, reconnaissance, border surveillance and support logistics.
Al Taif Technical Services will exhibit its systems engineering and integration capabilities for defense systems, as well as a range of their prototyping and small lot production of critical components in support of its MRO activities and Bayanat for Mapping & Surveying Services will showcase their fully integrated end-to-end geospatial services that include aerial, hydrographic and field surveying and geodesy, spatial data management, various types of maps (topographic, hydrographic and aeronautical) and 2D & 3D data models production in addition to related advisory services.
Additional companies exhibiting include Masdar, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Advanced Integrated Systems, Bin Hilal Enterprises, Emirates Defence Technology, International Armored Group, Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority and Al Fattan Ship Industry.
Universities participating in the pavilion include the Higher Colleges of Technology, UAE University and Khalifa University of Science and Technology.
The event is organised by the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (Adnec) in coordination with the UAE Armed Forces GHQ and headline sponsor Tawazun. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain