January was 5th hottest on record
Manama, February 11, 2013
Last month was the fifth hottest January on record in Bahrain, a statement from the Civil Aviation Affairs meteorology directorate said.
The mean temperature for the month was 18.8C, 1.8C above usual, the statement said.
“This goes on record as the fifth highest mean monthly temperature for January and is the same as in January 1981,” a statement said.
The hottest January was in 2004, when the mean temperature was 19.6C.
Temperatures peaked last month at 27.4C on January 28. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan
- Bahrain police recover 800 firebombs
- Raytheon to ink $2.1bn Oman arms deal
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc