Wednesday 27 August 2014
 
»
 
»
Story

Bahrainis in Boston 'safe'

Manama, April 16, 2013

All Bahrainis in Boston are safe and no "bad news" has been reported, a top official has confirmed, referring to two explosions near the finish line of the Boston Marathon last night, which killed two people and injured 23 others.

Bahrain Embassy in Washington deputy chief of mission Khalid Al Jalahma confirmed that 50 Bahraini students in the city, who are registered with the embassy, had been called individually to know about their welfare, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.

"So far, we have not had any bad news - all those we have called are safe," he said.

"However, we have put up some information on Facebook and Twitter just to make sure everything is all right and asking those in need to call the embassy, but we have so far not received any calls."

Earlier, Foreign Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa said his thoughts were with runners, their loved ones and the innocent people.

"There have been terrible explosions in Boston," he said on Twitter. "Even before we know what exactly happened, this is bringing back bad memories of terror and infamy of the 9/11 incidents."

Police in New York City and London stepped up security following the Boston blasts.

British police said they are reviewing security plans for Sunday's London Marathon - the next major international marathon. – TradeArabia News Service




Tags: Embassy | Bahrainis | Police | Explosion | Washington | Boston |

More Miscellaneous Stories

calendarCalendar of Events

Ads