Dhofar Trading opens new office in Qatar
Doha, May 5, 2013
UAE-based washroom solutions firm Dhofar Global Trading has announced the opening of its regional office in Doha as part of its GCC expansion strategy.
Dhofar hopes to capitalise on the success of its UAE operation, where a burgeoning client list covering multiple industry sectors, from hospitality and healthcare to education, has prompted demand from other GCC markets.
“The decision to set up an office in Qatar was a logical progression for our business model. More than $250 million worth of projects are under development, presenting us with additional potential revenue streams as the project teams and number of business visitors to Qatar rapidly increases,” remarked Chandan Singh, the deputy GM at Dhofar Global Trading.
With Qatar’s population currently around 1.9 million people, and an estimated per capita tissue consumption of 4.7 kg (Amaco Group study), Singh aims to sell 102 metric tonnes of tissue in the next 12 months.
“The total tissue market size is around 9,027 MT and this would give us 1.13 per cent market share in the first year of operation and forecasted Dh6 million revenue, with 5 per cent of the Away-From-Home (AFH) market our overall goal; growing this to 50 per cent by 2018,” he said.
Located in Doha’s new Barwa Village business hub, the full-service operation encompasses a 5,400-sq ft warehouse facility and 15-strong launch team of washroom solutions experts.
In addition to its comprehensive range of hygiene tissue paper products, dispensers, gloves and other disposable items, Dhofar will introduce a number of new product ranges as well as some specialty products.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal