Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan
Manama, May 21, 2013
The Bahrain Livestock Company will import more than 40,000 sheep ahead of Ramadan, the firm said during a meeting attended by importers, food companies and hypermarkets' representatives.
Delmon Poultry Company general manager Abdulkareem Al Alawi said his company was ready to supply an extra 27,000 chickens a day to meet rising demand during Ramadan, reported the Gulf Daily News.
Steps to ensure that there will be enough stock of other items in high demand such as vegetables, fruits, rice, sugar and oil were also discussed. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show