UAE firm to import Equador bananas
Dubai, June 23, 2013
Marhaba Fruits, a premier fresh produce supplier in the UAE and Mena region, is making preparations to import bananas from Equador, one of the best performing economies in Latin America, to the Middle East.
The UAE firm was among the many Dubai traders and businesses who took part in an ongoing missions programme organised by PRO ECUADOR, the trade and investment promotion organisation of Ecuador.
We have been constantly diversifying our Marhaba-branded produce from apples to bananas, and we have been known in the market as a supplier of superior quality produce,” said Ali Arjomandi of Marhaba Fruits.
“We have always been looking to forge strategic partnerships with established exporters of high quality produce worldwide, and Ecuador is known for its top quality bananas.”
A leading agricultural producer and exporter, Ecuador exported banana products worth $2.25 billion in 2011.
He said several trade partnership opportunities were presented to Marhaba Fruits during its recent participation at the 10th Banana International Forum held at Guayaquil, Ecuador.
The forum, entitled ‘The Banana Industry in the 21st Century’, brought together stakeholders in the banana supply chain including Ecuadorian and foreign producers and exporters, manufacturing industries, and importers from international supermarket chains.
Marhaba Fruits also attended B2B meetings with 25 Ecuadorian companies organised by PRO ECUADOR.
“PRO ECUADOR assisted us not only with on-the ground technical and regulatory details of doing business in the country, but also ensured that our participation at the Banana International Forum was a complete success,” stated Arjomandi.
Hussam Hassan, the head of the Ecuadorian Commercial Office in Dubai said: “Since officially establishing our UAE presence, PRO ECUADOR continues to work closely with UAE companies to source Ecuador’s top quality products as well as assist them in their bid to enter the Ecuadorian market.”
“We are optimistic that the successful participation of Marhaba Fruits at the Banana International Forum will lead to other partnerships with Ecuadorian businesses in the coming months,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station