Fifa U-17 tickets go on sale
Dubai, June 27, 2013
Tickets for the Fifa U-17 World Cup UAE 2013 set to take place from October 17 go on sale to the public today, said the Local Organising Committee (LOC) in Dubai.
The exclusive early bird venue packages were announced at a special event in the Wafi Mall, for the tournament that will run till November 8. It allows fans to purchase a ticket for every match in their selected host venue, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah and Sharjah, at a discounted rate.
Abu Dhabi venue packages include the third/fourth place match and the final, but fans opting for packages in other venues have the option to add the third/fourth place match and final to their package at an additional cost, it said.
A special ‘Legends Wall’ in the mall was revealed at the event. Fans can leave messages on the wall for their favourite teams and players until June 29.
Tournament ambassador 21-year-old Omar Abdulrahman will choose 10 favourite messages, and the winners will receive tournament merchandise signed by him.
The huge 6m x 3m wall was designed by Dubai-based graffiti artists Sya & Bow, and features a young footballer volleying the official match ball of the tournament – the adidas Cafusa.
A total of 52 matches will be played over the three-week period in six of the UAE’s top stadiums. The official draw will take place on August 26, when single match tickets will also go on sale, said the committee. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires