UAQ lays new carpet in time for Ramadan
Dubai, July 9, 2013
Desso, a leading European carpet manufacturer with major presence in the Middle East and Africa (MEA), said it has completed another high profile project with the installation of a 1,400 sq m carpet at a brand new mosque in Umm Al Quwain.
The recently-opened HH Sheikh Ahmed Bin Rashid Al Mualla mosque can accommodate up to 2,000 male and 200 female worshippers.
The hi-tech 1,400 sqm carpet design has been commissioned to complement the architectural aesthetic of the mosque complex and deliver a tranquil environment for prayer, said a senior official.
“We worked closely with the emirate’s General Authority of Islamic Affairs & Endowments (Awqaf) on the project, with the carpet’s unique brown and cream striped design was commissioned to complement the architectural aesthetic of the mosque complex and deliver a tranquil environment for prayer,” remarked Andre Dulka, the regional director of MEA & India, Desso.
According to him, Desso Elegance Customer Gravure 900 broadloom carpet has been especially designed with an integral felt backing which helps reduce ambient noise.
Desso, he said, has won a number of high profile mosque projects across the region, with large-scale carpets currently being designed for the upcoming Daman building on Trade Centre Road in Dubai (600 sq m) and the new Nakheel Palm Mall mosque in nearby Jumeirah (500 sq m).-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires