Blast injures 5 policemen in Bahrain
Manama, August 18, 2013
A homemade bomb went off in the Dair village of Bahrain last night, injuring five policemen, two critically, a report said.
The blast took place as the officers were confronting thugs who blocked roads and attacked them with Molotov cocktails. Sources said that an officer's leg had to be amputated after it was blown off in the explosion.
"His name is Waseem Qamar," they added.
The Interior Ministry confirmed on its official Twitter account that a homemade bomb had injured several policemen in Dair.
Meanwhile, criminals also burned tyres at another location in Bahrain and threw Molotov cocktails on Umm Al Hassam Police Station. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals