Coca-Cola, Food Bank partner to feed needy families
Dubai, September 3, 2013
The Coca-Cola Company, in partnership with the Regional Food Bank, has committed to supporting the delivery of over 1.5 million beverage and meals packages to underprivileged families in Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
The donation is part of the ‘Eradication of Hunger by 2020’ initiative, jointly implemented by Coca-Cola Middle East in collaboration with the Regional Food Bank Network, continuing from their initiative last year to deliver one million meals to underprivileged families in Jordan and Lebanon and Syrian refugee camps.
As part of this Ramadan initiative, the food bank identifies the cities and villages to be served and the meals and beverages are delivered by the company’s bottling partners in each city.
Moez El Shohdi, CEO of Regional Food Bank, said: “We would like to thank Coca-Cola Middle East for taking their partnership to a higher level and dedicating their time, people, and trucks. Thanks to this support we are able to safely transfer food boxes to remote areas, and with their donation we were able to provide meals and refreshing beverages for underprivileged families during Ramadan.”
Food Bank had selected areas that are in dire need for support and will continue to deploy efforts to best cover these areas across the region. The collaborative effort of the Jordanian Food bank and Coca-Cola team contributes to raising awareness about the need for such partnerships in extending support to communities in need. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role