Saudi event series to feature celebrity chefs
Riyadh, September 29, 2013
A series of gastronomic events hosted by a number of the world’s most celebrated chefs is set to be held in Saudi Arabia over a 14-month period.
The Globe Summit Series, which was traditionally a one-week event held at Riyadh’s Al Faisaliah Hotel, a Rosewood hotel, will run in two of the property’s premium restaurants – The Globe restaurant atop of the Al Faisaliah Tower and the contemporary La Cucina in the Al Faisaliah Suites.
The Globe Summit incorporates a series of course gala dinners, intimate studio lunches that are personally prepared and presented by the chefs, and exclusive cooking demonstrations and seminars, said a statement.
Hailing from the most acclaimed kitchens in Europe and the US, the chefs will create menus influenced by their respective regions, with signature dishes that have earned them international culinary fame, it said.
The first series started on September 28 and will run till October 3 at La Cucina and it features Italian chef Hans Baumgartner, holder of two Michelin stars. He will inspire diners with his artistic approach to the finest Italian dishes, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal