Kellogg’s unveils new 3-grain Special K recipe
Dubai, October 3, 2013
Kellogg Company’s Special K cereal is now offering a delicious new three grain recipe that makes it a great breakfast option for anyone who is weight-conscious and actively managing their shape.
Now with the benefits of rice, wheat and barley, Special K is even crunchier and more wholesome, making it a tasty, nutritionally-balanced solution to long term weight and shape management.
The new Special K recipe is now a source of fibre, with 80 per cent more than the previous recipe. It also contains 78 per cent more wholegrain cereal, with 40 per cent less saturated fat and 11 per cent less sodium than before. Each serving contains just 112 calories.
“Special K is a great tasting cereal that encourages the breakfast habit and the health benefits that go with this,” said nutritionist Dr Kathryn O’Sullivan.
“It is made with wholegrains, is a source of fibre, is low in saturated fat and it has been designed by nutritionists to meet the needs of those trying to lose and maintain their weight. One bowl provides 25 per cent of your daily requirements for iron and up to 50 per cent of your daily needs, plus a number of essential vitamins including vitamin D and folic acid – nutrients particularly important for women in the region.” – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Grains |
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show