Alba in safety drive success
Manama, October 23, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) said its safety drive continues to gain momentum as the company embarks on spreading the safety message to prominent organisations in Bahrain.
Alba's organisational behaviour superintendent Mahmood A Aziz visited the Bahrain Airport Company to share a series of safety videos produced by Alba.
In addition, he discussed the measures Alba was taking to strengthen safety culture across the plant and achieve its goal of establishing a zero-accident work environment, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The videos looked at issues related to job safety practices, potential hazards of dangerous activities and ways of minimising accidents.
"It was a privilege for Alba to be invited to share its experience with Bahrain Airport Company employees and explain the steps that we are taking towards establishing a zero-accident work environment," Bahrain Airport Company chief executive Tim Murray said.
"We consider such opportunities to be crucial in enabling Alba to play a meaningful role in spreading a safety culture, not only within the company but across the kingdom as well," he added.
A dedicated team from Alba was set up to produce the safety videos, which will be shown to employees as part of Alba's on-going drive to strengthen safety awareness across the plant.
The team was involved in scripting, filming and post-production work on the videos. Plans are underway to produce other safety-related videos.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day
- US Navy plans expansion in Bahrain