Alshaya opens new Japanese restaurant
Kuwait, October 31, 2013
M H Alshaya, the leading international franchise operator in Kuwait, has announced the official opening of the first Katsuya by Starck restaurant at Grand Avenue, The Avenues.
Katsuya by Starck debut marks the first venture for the award winning brand outside its home country in the US. A second Katsuya by Starck will open shortly in Dubai, a statement said.
Featuring the dynamic pairing of Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi and design impresario Philippe Starck, Katsuya by Starck is truly a feast for the senses, it added.
With speciality freshly-squeezed-fruit cocktails, unique hand-rolls, a robata grill (Japanese indoor barbeque) and sushi and sashimi platters, Katsuya skillfully translates Japanese flavours to an international palate.
It will also feature the diverse collection of signature dishes which include Crispy Rice with Spicy Tuna, Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeño and Miso-Marinated Black Cod.
“Making our international debut represents a defining milestone for the evolution of Katsuya by Starck and for sbe,” said sbe founder, chairman and CEO Sam Nazarian. “We are delighted to be working with the world leading retail franchise operator Alshaya, to bring the Katsuya by Starck brand to the Middle East, starting with Kuwait, followed by Dubai and then more widely across the region.”
“We are pleased to introduce Katsuya by Starck to the Middle East,” said Mohammed Alshaya, executive chairman of M H Alshaya Co.
“The combination of Chef Katsuya’s culinary skills and Philippe Stark’s creative flair has created a dining experience to savour. We are confident that discerning customers in Kuwait, and across the region, will come to appreciate the international dining experience and the exceptional quality of food and service that Katsuya by Stark represents. We look forward to introducing the brand to our customers in other countries across the region.”
Katsuya by Starck was created in Los Angeles by the entertainment group SBE and is a regular destination for Hollywood’s A-listers. The interiors of the restaurants are designed by the leading global interior and product designer, Philippe Starck.
M H Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates over 2,500 stores across eight divisions. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Kuwait |
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha
- Twelve dead in Qatar restaurant gas explosion