Coffee & Tea Festival opens in Dubai
Dubai, November 6, 2013
The International Coffee & Tea Festival, which is the only dedicated trade event for the coffee and tea industry in the Arab world, opened today (November 6) at the Meydan IMAX Gallery in Dubai.
The event, running for the fifth consecutive year, is open to trade professionals as well as the public over 18 years of age, until November 9.
The event is expected to boost UAE’s flourishing cafe industry and introduce several new brands and products to the market over the next three days. SCAA-certified training sessions and skill-building workshops held alongside the trade show are also expected to benefit local café businesses that gross over Dh300 million ($81.6 million) a year.
The Coffee Preparation, Grading and Roasting workshops, as part of the festival’s commitment to impart specialty coffee training, received an enthusiastic response from amateurs and budding professionals. The latest array of beverage related offerings on display were a key attraction for visitors who enjoy top quality brews.
The initial rounds of the highly anticipated 5th National Barista Championships and the 2nd National Latte Art Championships set the momentum on the opening day by attracting huge crowds. The final day of the festival will reveal UAE’s Barista Champion who will represent the UAE at the World Barista Championships to be held in 2014.
Ryan Godinho, national coordinator for UAE World Coffee Events, said: “The International Coffee & Tea Festival was conceptualized as a complementary initiative to support the growth of the hot beverage market in the GCC, particularly the UAE, and has over the years seen an immense response from the hospitality sector.”
“This is going to translate into long term business benefits for the regional industry players and cafe operators. From the positive response we are seeing today, we expect the remaining three days of the show to be very well-received by the region’s coffee & tea fraternity. We are prepared to serve the best and remain dedicated to the specialty coffee and tea movement in the Middle East,” he added.
The International Coffee and Tea Festival is organised by International Conferences & Exhibitions LLC (IC&E) and provides a one-stop destination for all aspects of coffee, tea, and café products, equipment and services in the Middle East. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha
- Twelve dead in Qatar restaurant gas explosion