Top Japanese restaurant to open in Dubai
Dubai, November 18, 2013
Sydney-based Toko Restaurant & Bar, an award winning contemporary Japanese restaurant, is set to open its first international restaurant at the Vida Downtown Hotel in Dubai next month.
After opening its doors in the trendy Sydney area of Surry Hills over six years ago, the Toko brand has become an institution on the Sydney dining and social scene.
Toko has earned its place as an established and consistent dining experience…as well as one of the most popular and stylish bars…distinguished by its intimate atmosphere, fashionable crowd and coveted cocktail menu. In short, it has revolutionised Japanese dining in Australia, said a statement from the company.
Toko Sydney enjoys a stellar celebrity following with the likes of Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Hawkins and Baz Lurhmann all regular visitors, alongside international A-listers such as Leonardo Di Caprio, Vin Diesel, Salma Hayek, Jermaine Jackson and Nicole Kidman.
Enlisting the celebrated Australian designer, Matthew Darwon, in the development of the design signature of Toko Sydney restaurants, the influential Wallpaper Magazine went on to anoint Toko Surry Hills ‘Runner Up - Best New Restaurant’ in 2011.
The design of the Dubai joint is a minimalist neutral palette featuring beautiful natural timbers and streamlined joinery to create an impeccably detailed setting.
With direct access from Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, a dining room and bar featuring soaring ceilings, coupled with
an expansive terrace, this exceptional space on the ground floor of the luxury boutique hotel will set a new standard on the Dubai dining scene.
The modern Japanese restaurant takes its inspiration from the Japanese bar concept ‘Izakaya’, with a menu tailored to encompass a traditional sushi bar alongside a dedicated robata grill and kitchen.
The Dubai outpost of the restaurant, lounge & bar by Bulldozer Group in collaboration with Emaar Hospitality Group, will uphold the core values of the Australian brand that has fuelled its ongoing success…with their critically acclaimed fusion concept now ready to transform the Japanese dining experience in the Dubai market, said the statement.
The Toko team focuses on using quality premium produce fused with a wide variety of quality ingredients, both locally and internationally sourced.
Dubai will experience food and beverage menus created by some of the most renowned hospitality professionals worldwide, stemming from the unique and innovative approach which has cemented Toko at the forefront, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha
- Twelve dead in Qatar restaurant gas explosion