CCTV cameras outside key buildings in Bahrain
Manama, November 25, 2013
Closed circuit TV cameras could soon appear outside malls, shops, key buildings and institutions in Bahrain. This follows Cabinet agreement yesterday of proposals by MPs.
CCTV cameras for surveillance purposes would be installed after agreement by owners in vital areas, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
They can be checked following any act of terrorism or sabotage, ministers heard.
His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa chaired the regular Cabinet session, which also praised the success of the Arab-Africa Summit in Kuwait.
The session was attended by His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and First Deputy Premier.
The Cabinet then gave directives to Shaikh Khalid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa, president of the ministerial committee for services and infrastructure, to follow up on the measures taken before and during recent rains, as well as to develop the performance of ministries and government bodies to avoid future difficulties.
The Cabinet congratulated Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro on the success of Jewellery Arabia 2013, and expressed its willingness to offer more facilities for this and any other major expo in Bahrain. Ministers welcomed international and regional events taking place in Bahrain, which emphasise Bahrain's good relations both regionally and internationally. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai private security firm gets key certification
- Dutch firm wins Algeria interior ministry order
- Bahrain SMEs 'on the verge of closure'
- Unrest victim's kin stranded at Bahrain airport
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet