Global experts for GCC digital security summit
Doha, January 23, 2014
More than 30 regional and international speakers will broadly discuss not only digital security breaches, and attacks on companies and its economic repercussions within the GCC at an upcoming summit in Doha.
The GCC Digital Security Forum will be held on February 4 and 5 at St Regis Hotel.
Strategies and counter measures needed to overcome digital threats and reinforce defences against cyber intruders and hackers will also come under the spotlight during the forum.
The event will be held under the patronage of the Qatari Minister of Information and Communications Technology Dr Hessa Al Jaber and organised by Meeza, a Qatar Foundation joint venture, in collaboration with Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal Group, a leading regional conference organiser.
Topics of discussion at the forum will focus on GCC governmental actions taken to enhance the security of their infrastructures and networks from cyber-attacks.
Discussions will also reevaluate current digital policies, legislations and strategies within the GCC region. This will entail fortifying and strengthening the cooperation between governments and private sector, as well as building inter-governmental cooperation in the sphere of digital security.
The forum will also discuss how organisations and companies improved their understanding of digital security, and developed strategies and programs and nurtured robust internal to meet with these challenges.
Finally, the forum will evaluate how regulatory authorities efforts and CERTs (Computer Emergency Response Team) and their approach to dealing with incidents and breaches and further strengthening the resilience and security of networks. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Doha |
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station