Bahrain restaurant’s two outlets shut down
Manama, January 30, 2014
Bahrain's Health Ministry officials shut down two branches of a popular restaurant yesterday following 40 complaints of food poisoning.
Ten of the victims had to be admitted to hospital, it confirmed on its Twitter account, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
Food Control and Diseases Control Section inspectors visited two branches of the restaurant and collected samples, which were tested at the laboratory.
They also checked food storage, preparation processes and collected swabs from staff.
The ministry said the branches had been closed down as a precautionary measure pending the outcome of the test results. - TradeArabia News Service