Top shows in Dubai for Eid, Summer Suprises
Dubai, July 20, 2014
World premieres of international character shows and other great events will wow families during the upcoming ‘Eid in Dubai’ and Dubai Summer Surprises events.
Angry Birds Universe, Transformers Show and Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure will make their international debut in Dubai during the events, a statement said.
Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM, has announced an exciting calendar of events and activities for the the seventh edition of “Eid in Dubai – Eid Al Fitr” and the 17th edition of Dubai Summer Surprises, the region’s much awaited summer extravaganza that will follow on August 2, offering residents and visitors the unique opportunity to enjoy 40 consecutive days of great family fun.
Leading the entertainment offerings during the 40 days of celebration are the world premieres of the Angry Birds Universe Interactive Experience at Modhesh World; the Decepticlone Transformers Show at BurJuman; and the Skylanders Spyros’s Adventure at Mirdif City Centre and Deira City Centre.
There’s even more attractions and experiences at Modhesh World, the region’s popular indoor family edutaintment destination at Dubai World Trade Centre, it said.
Visitors during ‘Eid in Dubai’ will be able to watch famous Arab stars perform at the Layali Dubai concerts and brilliant fireworks displays. Throughout ‘Eid in Dubai’ and Dubai Summer Surprises, families and children will also have the opportunity to watch or indulge in a range of shows, activities and performances at various malls.
Visitors will also be able to find a wide range of exciting promotions and offers including the chance to win up to Dh4 million in prizes at the mega summer promotion.
'Eid in Dubai’ is a social initiative launched by DFRE in 2008, aimed at showcasing Islamic values and Emirati traditions during the Eid al Fitr and Eid Al Adha, and is meant to spread the true spirit of Dubai’s multicultural environment under the slogan “United in Celebration”.
DSS, which was launched in 1998 to help revitalise the retail sector and position Dubai as a summer destination of choice, will give families and tourists from around the world the chance to experience “The Fun Side of Summer” in Dubai.
Laila Mohammad Suhail, CEO of Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment, said: “DFRE is delighted to unveil a host of fabulous events and attractions, starting with the Eid in Dubai celebrations, and continuing all the way through our much-awaited Dubai Summer Surprises until September 5. This year’s “Eid in Dubai – Eid Al Fitr” celebrations and Dubai Summer Surprises are quite unique because of the world premieres that we have brought to Dubai in partnership with international licensors of entertainment characters.
"The exciting line-up of world-class entertainment and fun-filled activities for the family will give the city a vibrant, festive atmosphere, and further enhance Dubai’s position as a summer destination of choice. The “Eid in Dubai” slogan “United in Celebration” will resonate across the city, in a true manifestation of Dubai’s multicultural setting and spirit. During Dubai Summer Surprises, the whole city becomes a playground of edutainment while at the same time giving families the chance to lay their hands on amazing shopping bargains as they experience 'The Fun Side of Summer'," she said.
Highlights of the events:
* World Premiere of Angry Birds Universe Interactive Experience: From first day of Eid until September 8 - Modhesh World, Dubai World Trade Centre.
* Hello Kitty Show: July 28– August 3, The Dubai Mall
* Hello Kitty and Friends Around The World: Until September 8, Modhesh World, Dubai World Trade Centre.
* World Premiere of Decepticlone Transformers Show: July 31 – August 9, BurJuman
* Transformers Interactive Experience: From first day of Eid until September 8, Modhesh World, Dubai World Trade Centre
* World Premiere of Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure: August 7 – 16, Mirdif City Centre; August 21 – 30, Deira City Centre
* WWE Interactive Experience: From first day of Eid until September 8, Modhesh World
* Modhesh World: June 12 – September 8, Dubai World Trade Centre
* ‘Summer is Dubai’ Promotion: Until September 5, participating malls in Dubai
* Layali Dubai Concerts: July 30 – 31, Sheikh Rashid Hall, Dubai World Trade Centre
* Eid Mubarak - Salim Sulaiman Live in Concert: July 31, Zabeel Hall 2, Dubai World Trade Centre
* Marhaba Dubai featuring Shreya Ghoshal live in concert: August 1, Al Nasr Leisureland
* Dino Live, Planetarium360, Brick Adventureland: From July 28 onwards, Arabian Centre
* Modhesh Craftsville: July 28 – August 3, Mirdif City Centre; August 10 – 16, Deira City Centre; Aug 20 – 26, The Dubai Mall
* Movie Mania - July 28 – Aug 3, Deira City Centre
* Kimora Lee Simmons in Dubai, Aug 10, Fashion Catwalk, The Dubai Mall
* 100 Years of Indian Cinema – Tribute to Bollywood: August 15, Zabeel Hall, Dubai World Trade Centre
* Modhesh Jungle Show: Aug 13 – 19, Mercato
* Modhesh Celebration Show: Aug 21 – 27, BurJuman
* Sheyaab: Aug 21 - 23, Mirdif City Centre
* Street Theatre: Various malls in Dubai
* Aerialist Silk Show: Aug 7 – 15, Mall of the Emirates
* Adventure Time Live on Stage: Aug 28 – Sept 3, Ibn Battuta Mall
* Jungle Jive: Aug 5 - 11, Mercato mall
* Dexter Laboratory Interactive Science Show: Aug 13 – 20, Dubai Festival City Mall
* Dubai Sports World: Until Aug 30, Dubai World Trade Centre
-TradeArabia News Service