Thrifty appoints new manager
Abu Dhabi, August 26, 2007
Thrifty Car Rental has appointed Gurinder Pal Singh as business development manager for Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.
Singh will be responsible for positioning and promotion of Thrifty Car Rental in Al Ain and Abu Dhabi markets. Moreover, Singh will drive the marketing of Thrifty’s products and services, marketing strategy planning and research, vertical industry and partner initiatives, PR and marketing communications, and direct marketing and events throughout those markets to support Thrifty’s business goals and drive incremental revenue and demand.
Singh’s career in the UAE spans almost nine years, during which he functioned as senior account group manager for Gulf News, responsible for the sales operations including media selling, sales management and revenue generation, account management and servicing HNW (High Net Worth) customers.
“Singh brings a wealth of experience to his new position and is qualified to suit the significant responsibilities he is about to undertake,” said Sam ElTibi, executive director for Middle-East, North-Africa and Indian Sub-continent.
“He possesses valuable expertise in both brand and product marketing, and in his previous marketing positions, has displayed exceptional commitment and determination,” said Khaiser Pasha, general manager for Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest