New sporty Lancer EX 2008 unveiled
Manama, August 28, 2007
Zayani Motors, the exclusive dealership for Mitsubishi in Bahrain, has unveiled the all-new sporty Lancer EX 2008.
The new benchmark for sporting sedans, Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2008 abandons none of the qualities sedan fans expect, say officials.
'In line with both Mitsubishi's modern Japanese design philosophy and its countless accomplishments within 35 years of racing, the Lancer has now risen to a new level of both class leading design and technology that will definitely set the standards for others to follow,' said Dubai-based Mitsubishi Motors Corporation assistant general manager Shintaro Hirano.
'Its sporty looks adapt the energetic new Mitsubishi Motors innovative designs, complemented by extensive improvements.
'It has 18-inch wheels to its aerodynamic body cladding and colour-keyed rear spoiler and an engine to match its personality with - an all-new aluminium two-litre MIVEC filled with four-cylinder power plant that delivers 155 horsepower.
'The interior of the Lancer EX 2008 is beautifully designed, from the paddle shifters to the audio controller.
'Lancer EX is filled with features of a nine-speaker Rockford system, multi-function steering, and a keyless operation system.
'It also comes with a seven-airbag safety system, including advanced dual-stage front airbags, as well as anti-lock brakes with electronic brake-force distribution, which deliver optimal performance in any condition.
'Adaptive front lighting system, sensors, offer all-round protection from any road hazard,' he said.
Others oresent at a ceremony held at the Mšvenpick Hotel, Muharraq were Zayani Motors managing director Nawaf Al Zayani, general manager Mark Kenworthy, Shintaro Hirano, company officials, media and guests.
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm