Incentives boost Saudi car sales
Jeddah, October 12, 2007
Discounts and incentives offered by automobile dealers across Saudi Arabia have resulted in a significant increase in car sales, said a report.
The response, according sources cited by the Arab News, has been positive resulting in a 10 to 15 percent increase in automobile sales turnover compared to the previous Ramadan season.
Ramadan offers come in various forms, said the report. Free service for a specified period of time (up to three years), no down payment for daily and monthly installment deals and discounts on outright cash purchases.
However, no dealer was willing to disclose the figures related to Ramadan sales, except saying that they have been positive and encouraging.
The report said a major luxury car dealer was offering an “irresistible” incentive to their buyers.
“We are sending our buyers to Bentley’s crew factory in Manchester, England, on a two-day tour of the manufacturing facility.
“We want our buyers to see how cars are built by 4,200 employees of the factory,” Sherif Yehia Soliman, car division manager (Bentley), Saudi Arabian Markets Ltd, said in remarks published in the Arab News.
“Two of our buyers have already visited the UK factory and a few more are expected to go soon,” he added in the report.
Autostar, a Kingdom-wide dealer in new and used cars, as well as service and parts, said it had come up with “the easiest way to own a car” through its offer of no down payment and no administration fees.
“Daily payments range from SR32 to SR60 on 2007 models of Toyota Yaris, Honda Civic, Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. Additionally we offer the possibility of winning one of two prizes worth SR50,000 each,” a senior executive at the company’s Jeddah office said.
“The offer is valid only on limited models and for a limited period,” he said, adding that easy financing, full warranty and full maintenance are among the other offers available in association with Taajeer Co.
Alesayi Motors is celebrating Ramadan with zero percent deposit on all new Mitsubishi vehicles.
“There is no deposit and no processing fees, and our Ramadan offers are available on all new vehicles,” a company executive said.
United Instalment Sales Co Ltd, a company of Abdul Latif Jameel Group, is making “unprecedented offers” for a limited period.
The offer is valid for expatriate as well, the company said.
“There is no down payment, no guarantor, no cash deposit. Our showrooms are open during Eid holidays except for the first day,” its executive said in the report.
Monthly deals offered are from SR775 for Sirion, SR840 for Yaris HB and SR945 for Hilux SC to SR1055 for Corolla or Terios, SR1,550 for Camry, SR1,735 for Fortuner, SR1,855 for Aurion and SR2,035 for Prado.
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service