Ford to launch five models at MEIMS
Dubai, October 24, 2007
Ford's aggressive product launch drive comes to a climax at this year's Middle East International Motor Show (MEIMS) as the company gears up to launch five all-new models across its Ford, Lincoln and Mercury brands.
With over 20 award-winning and world acclaimed vehicles gracing its stand in Dubai World Trade Centre's Hall 3, Ford Middle East is set to captivate motoring enthusiasts as well as trade visitors to the bi-annual show.
'Our participation in this year's show complements a truly outstanding year for Ford. 2007 has seen us bring no less than 10 new and award-winning products to the region, and we have a few more surprises for our customers during this year's show,' said managing director of Ford Middle East Waldo Galan.
'This has been quite a significant year for the Ford, Lincoln and Mercury brands as they all expanded their lineups with new and dynamic nameplates, and our product-led drive is going stronger than ever, well over into 2008,' he added.
Ford Middle East's stand will offer visitors the opportunity to witness the debut of no less than five all-new products including the revolutionary and award-winning 2008 Ford Mondeo, the new Focus and Five Hundred, the stylish Mercury Montego and the compact SUV Mariner, as well as the distinguished Lincoln MKZ, the all-new entry level Lincoln sports sedan.
Adrenaline-packed race lovers will be delighted to know that Ford has a lot in-store for them this year with iconic and avant-garde vehicles that were designed to offer maximum performance and driving pleasure. With the pure power of 500 horses the Shelby GT500 needs no introduction as its timeless classic spirit is as desired as ever.
Another attraction to the Ford stand this year is the appearance of the Ford Focus RS World Rally Car, that is driven by UAE driver Khalid Al Qassimi and co-driver Nicky Beech, leaders of the FIA Middle East Championship.
The Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA)-sponsored BP-Ford Focus WRC shares the stage with the new 2008MY refreshed Focus that appeared for the first time in the region featuring the dynamic Ford kinetic design along with Mondeo.
'It's all guns blazing this year! Product leadership, innovation, an unsurpassed ownership experience and a clear endeavor to offer customers some of the best products from the Ford plants around the world is what we intend to put on show this year,' said director of sales and marketing, Ford Middle East, Hussein Murad.
With only a few months left to 2007 - an extremely busy year for Ford in the Middle East in terms of new product launches - the global automotive leader will be keeping the momentum for 2008 with more exciting additions to the already diverse and extensive line-up of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury products in the region.
A total of four all new vehicles will be launched next year, including a new addition to the utility vehicle family, expanding it even further. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners