Dollar Thrifty expands Oman operations
Muscat, January 17, 2008
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group plans to open new outlets in Oman in the first quarter of 2008.
With existing operations in Muscat and Salalah, the Dollar outlets will cater to booming business segment as well as the marked increase in tourism to the Sultanate.
“With Oman’s tourism sector experiencing double digit growth, the number of rental cars on the road has risen exponentially. DTAG is successfully meeting this growing demand with new office openings to better serve customers’ increasing needs. No other rental agency can offer the rates we offer, the sheer range of models, or the exemplary customer service,” said regional director of DTAG Sam Eltibi.
According to government sources, travel and tourism in Oman is expected to have generated more than $5 billion of economic activity across the Sultanate in 2007, growing to more than $7 billion by 2017.
Company officials anticipate that at least three new Dollar outlets are planned to open in the Sultanate by April 2008. Located in central city locations and hotels, Dollar will open in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Muscat downtown and Sohar to meet the growing demand for car rentals.
Also, currently located in central city locations and hotels, Thrifty serves clients in Muscat, with an office in the heart of shopping area Al Khuwair. Thrifty has an outlet for both corporate and leisure clients in the industrial and port city, Sohar.
“The car rental industry is an integral part of the hospitality sector here in the Middle East, and also assists with the growing expatriate community locating in the Gulf. Thrifty’s 24 hour presence, personalised service and quality vehicles have enabled us to become the car rental company of choice for visitors to Oman,” added Eltibi.
One of the fastest-growing organisations within the Dollar Thrifty Middle East Franchise network, Dollar Oman maintains a large inventory of quality vehicles in Oman, as well as conveniently located outlets, to meet the automotive rental needs of tourists, business travelers and residents.
In addition, Thrifty outlets can be found in Salalah, Sohar and Muscat.- TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer