VW wins ‘What Car’ awards
Dubai:, January 23, 2008
Germany’s Volkswagen has won two prestigious British auto magazine “What Car?” Award in two categories, the company said in a statement.
Volkswagen’s “Golf” and “Eos’’ have both been honored by judges for the second consecutive year at the prestigious ``What Car? Awards,’’ hosted by British auto magazine ``What Car?’’ it added.
At the awards ceremony held at a London hotel, the Golf 1.4 TSI, a recent addition to the model line-up and the latest evolution of the Golf, retained the hard-fought honor of Best Small Family Car.
“This award confirms the international success of our innovative TSI engines,’’ Dr. Rudiger Szengel, head of petrol engine development, said. “By using this concept, Volkswagen has managed to reduce consumption and, at the same time, increase performance.’’
The Eos coupe convertible retained the top place of Best Open-Top Car. Featuring an advanced five-part folding roof, the Eos combines the style of a convertible with the practicality of a coupe, according to the German automaker.
“The Eos has already proved to be a very popular vehicle within the Middle East region, with sales exceeding targets. The Golf continues to be an icon car throughout the globe, winning award after award. Receiving two more awards for those models is a testament to the excellent standards and engineering that has been set as a benchmark for Volkswagen,” said Volkswagen Middle East Managing Director Hans-Dieter Keller. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- All-new E63 AMG launched in Kuwait
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- VW lists recommended retail prices in GCC
- Nissan to recall 841,000 vehicles
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style