Ford Five Hundred rated safest car
Dubai, March 5, 2008
The 2008 Ford Five Hundred has been rated as America's safest full-size passenger car.
Already available at Al Tayer Motors and Premier Motors - the Ford, Lincoln and Mercury dealers in Dubai and Northern Emirates as well as Abu Dhabi and Al Ain, respectively – the Ford Five Hundred is recognised as a safety leader in its class for many reasons, said an official spokesman.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety awarded the Five Hundred as its 'Top Safety Pick' designation for large family cars. The new model has also earned the maximum five-star rating in all crash test categories from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
“Customers are far more discerning now than they ever were and the demands to meet their lifestyle needs have also increased,' said general manager of Al Tayer Motors Ashok Khanna. “The 2008 Five Hundred delivers what customers are looking for - a strong design, high-quality interior, power and performance, a spacious interior and enhanced safety features.'
With standard air bags and available electronic stability control, the 2008 Ford Five Hundred has been rated the safest full-size car in North America and is a segment leader in safety, capable of achieving five-star ratings in all four categories for the US government’s crash tests.
It also has been named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety.
Ford’s AdvanceTrac electronic stability control system can predict the vehicle’s intentions using a sensor to detect and measure oversteer and yaw by monitoring the vehicle’s speed, throttle position and steering wheel angle. When the system senses wheel slip, engine torque is reduced and braking is applied where needed to help keep the car tracking safely on its intended path.
Additional standard safety equipment includes dual-stage driver and passenger front air bags, seat-deployed side air bags for driver and front passenger, and Ford's Safety Canopy side curtain air bags for both rows. For an added measure of safety, a new steering wheel design recesses the air bag 15 millimeters farther away from the driver.
Five Hundred is available in SEL and Limited trims, and is built at Ford’s Chicago Assembly Plant. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm