First motorsport corporate cup launched
Manama, March 8, 2008
SJ Media Marketing and Motorsport Marketing Middle East have joined hands to launch the first Arabia Motors Corporate Cup, to herald a new era in the world of motorsport in Bahrain and the Middle East.
Announcing the launch, a top Arabia Motors Magazine official said companies of all shapes and sizes would compete against each other annually to win the prestigious trophy.
Sameer Uchi, CEO of MaxMedia group, publishers of Arabia Motors Magazine, said the idea of having a motorsport corporate cup was brilliant because 'racing technically speaking is company business!”
“Companies of all sizes and shapes can participate in the five races for only BD5,000 ($13,297) and in return they get their own branded formula race car, 100 tickets for their staff, families and clients, training and licensing for two of their staff and many many more benefits.” Uchi explained.
While the main concept of the Arabia Motors Corporate Cup is to introduce motorsport to local companies, it is also to show them that it is one of the best ways to market and advertise, he added.
Companies in the Corporate Cup will compete against each other for one weekend during the 2 months, with the top finalist of all weekends competing for the big title in the last round.
Around the world, motorsport is used by top companies as the best marketing tool, however in Bahrain companies are not quite sure on how to be part of motorsport or even benefit from it.
The Arabia Motors Corporate Cup is an entry-level venue for all companies to be part of and experience the thrill and excitement and benefit of being part of the motorsport industry.
“I hope through this event local companies can see the benefit of having the BIC in our back yard and the huge investment potential it can have for them” Uchi noted.
'Professional drivers will be excluded from the event. The drivers have to be new to the sport, and will all undergo a training course to get their racing licence.
15 companies will be competing for the trophy in 2008.'
The winning company will have the opportunity to defend their title in the 2009 Arabia Motors Corporate Cup. The same system implemented in international events will be done in the Arabia Motors Corporate Cup, where any company that wins the title 3 times in a row will get to keep the trophy and a new one will be introduced for the next season.
Registration is set to be priced at BD5,000, which includes the fees and running costs for the company including the training required for 2 employees that will take the wheel of a Zip Formula car.
Organizers have also included in the package 100 free tickets for each participating company to invite its employees and their guests to come down to the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) and enjoy the day.
The Arabia Motors Corporate Cup will be held between April 2008 till end of May 2008. The event will take place during the National race days that are organized by the Circuit Racing Club.Participating companies Arabia Motors, Bahrain Islamic bank (BISB), DHL, Bahrain Duty Free, Behbehani Brothers, Shaw Nass, Century Homes, Classic marketing, and Max Media were present at the launch.
For more details contact SJ media on 39777122-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm