Ford rolls out 9-millionth Mustang
Dubai, May 14, 2008
Ford Motor Company has rolled out the nine-millionth Mustang. The GT Convertible Mustang goes to a dealership in Iowa, US.
This is another milestone for Mustang, a favorite among muscle car lovers in the Middle East.
The Ford Mustang, approaching its 45th anniversary on April 17, 2009, is one of the most widely-recognised vehicles in the world. Today, one of every two sports cars sold in America is a Ford Mustang.
The Mustang is also Ford Motor Company's longest-running nameplate. Mustang was introduced on April 17, 1964 at the New York World's Fair.
Mustang sales hit an astounding 419,000 units in its first 12 months on the market, and topped the 1-millionth mark in the first two years, shattering the sales records of any single model in the history of automobile.
Mustang leads the nearly $1-billion aftermarket parts and accessories industry as the most personalized vehicle of all time, and has been recognized by Specialty Equipment and Manufacturers Association (SEMA) as the most accessory-friendly new vehicle.
The 2009 Mustang offers a Glass Roof option. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners