DuPont in 3-year paint deal with Nissan
Dubai, July 1, 2008
DuPont has signed a three year agreement with Nissan Middle East to supply DuPont’s three leading refinish brands at the body repair facilities of all Nissan service centres across the Middle East.
Under the terms of the agreement, DuPont Performance Coatings (DPC) will be integrated into Nissan Middle East’s full training program, which will be conducted at their headquarters in Dubai and extended throughout the regional network of Nissan Service Centres.
DPC was established as a joint venture in 1999, and is today the world’s top paint supplier to the automotive repair industry.
“With the imminent launch of our flag ship car - the GTR, as well as other models over the coming years, it gives me great confidence to know that DuPont are supporting us and our Nissan Service Centres, not only in product supply, but also in sharing their vast knowledge of refinishing our vehicles back to their original state,” said Norihide Tomita, general manager, Nissan Middle East.
DPC develops paint in more than 450,000 different colors using 1.6 million precise formulas for the variations within those colors.
DuPont will supply its top brands - Standox, Spies Hecker and DuPont Refinish - at the body repair facilities of all Nissan service centres across the Middle East, said a DPC official.
“This partnership will not only help strengthen DPC’s reach across the region; but will also help to develop and improve the quality and productivity of Nissan’s paint repair technicians,” concluded Clive Gray, business manager, DPC Refinish Systems, Middle East, Pakistan and Cyprus.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm