Audi corporate sales up in Mideast
Dubai, July 28, 2008
German premium car manufacturer Audi keeps on growing in the Middle East region, with a significant boost in corporate sales.
Besides increasing popularity among the general public, large companies and fleet operators are also becoming all the more interested in cooperating with the brand with the four rings, said a statement.
Corporate sales now make up about 30 per cent of Audi’s total business in the region and have been growing consistently along with the overall regional sales, which were reported with a plus of 38.2 per cent in 2007.
Having won several fleet awards over the last years throughout Europe, Audi Middle East successfully established the AudiCorporate program in 2006 that caters specially to the needs of corporate clients.
Partnerships in the Middle East include, among many other prestigious names, Emirates Airline in the UAE since 2005, Priority Automobile in Kuwait, Nawras Telecom in Oman and most recently UAE-based limousine service provider ‘Limo and Co’ in a deal that covers 20 new Audi A6.
Stephan Zeh, corporate sales manager at Audi Middle East: ’Cooperation’s, such as those with ’Limo and Co’, are exemplary of the demand for Audi vehicles amongst the leading corporate clients and limousine service providers in the region.
The boom in corporate business shows the confidence in the great product, outstanding reliability and competitive running costs.’
Audi AG sold a total of 964,151 cars in 2007 and thus achieved its twelfth consecutive record year. With revenue of €33,617 million and profit before tax of €2,915 million, the company attained its best figures ever. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service