Suzuki Saudia auto sales up 30pc
Riyadh, November 23, 2008
Suzuki Saudia, the sole distributor of Suzuki vehicles in the Kingdom and part of Bamarouf Group, has reported a 30 per cent year-on-year increase in sales across all its vehicle categories for 2008.
The company is capitalising its position amidst the country’s steadily growing automotive sector. The Saudi British Bank estimates that automobile sales grew 8 per cent in 2007 and 9 per cent in 2008.
Suzuki Saudi has been leading efforts to explore other segments and has emerged as a popular source within the local market.
The distributor’s vehicles have been performing well against other Japanese brands and are fast gaining a reputation for both comfort and performance.
"More Saudi drivers are patronising our models because of their flexibility in meeting the varied needs of customers ranging from adventurous youths to families."
The Suzuki vehicles we offer have been engineered to provide maximum comfort and excellent handling. The recent sales figures show that the domestic market is steadily recognizing the versatility and reliability of the Suzuki brand and provides us with more motivation to further enhance our services and products,” said Ahmed Shamaile, National sales manager (KSA), Suzuki Saudia.
Suzuki continues to attract a strong following among the young generation, with its compact SX4 sport utility vehicle in particular fueling its growing reputation as a youth- and adventure-oriented automobile manufacturer.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer