Hyundai Genesis Coupe set for ME launch
Dubai, December 19, 2008
Hyundai, represented by Juma Al Majid Est. in the UAE, is set to unveil new exciting vehicle concepts in the Middle East early next year.
This was announced at the Abu Dhabi Motor Show.
Hyundai’s follow-up to the highly acclaimed Genesis sports sedan launched earlier this year, the new Genesis Coupe has been launched internationally and will arrive in the UAE early next year.
'The Genesis Coupe is our very first thoroughbred; a vehicle with all the hallmarks of a high performance car,' said Hyundai Juma Al Majid Est. president Isam Abu Nabah.
'The Coupe will do exactly what it was designed to do: Provide a thrilling driving experience and attract new customers to Hyundai showrooms and continue the transformation of our brand.
'The Genesis Coupe is the most thrilling performance coupe yet from Hyundai and most importantly, it is attainable – It promises to be the most affordable 300-hp sport coupe in the market.”
The Genesis Coupe is powered by all aluminium 300 + horsepower DOHC 3.8-liter V6 Lambda RS engine.
Based on the highly successful Lambda V-6 first introduced in 2004, the high performance RS edition (Racing Sport) of the Lambda features several key modifications which have raised power to a maximum of 303ps@6300rpm and peak torque to 36.8kg/m@4700rpm enabling the Genesis Coupe to catapult from zero to 100km/h in just 6.3 seconds.
In collaboration with Prada, one of the world’s leading brands in the luxury goods industry, Hyundai is also creating three special edition Genesis sedans which combine Hyundai’s top technology and industrial design with quality materials, craftsmanship and an innovative new approach aimed at creating a new driving experience.
Prada’s design team will create three special edition Genesis sedans in Italy over a four-month period, working closely with Hyundai Motor’s engineers and own designers, using the house’s signature materials.
“We’ve made a name for ourselves as a quality automaker, and are now focusing on raising our brand image,” said Abu Nabah. “We are extremely delighted that Prada, one of the best and most innovative luxury goods brands, has agreed to work with us and infuse their creative energy into our products.”
“For this year’s Abu Dhabi Motor Show we have a specially created stand brought in from Korea, which is 50 percent larger than any we have used in previous years, to show case our increased range of luxury cars.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers