Suzuki ME sales jump 117pc
Dubai, February 18, 2009
Suzuki Motor Corp posted a 117.7 per cent growth in Middle Eastern automobile sales in 2008 over the previous year.
The company sold more than 24,000 units during the year and will introduce additional models such as the 'Celerio' from subsidiary Maruti Suzuki India, in 2009 to sustain its momentum in the region’s burgeoning automobile markets.
Suzuki’s Middle East performance was driven mainly by strong sales of its Swift, Grand Vitara and SX4 models, said a company spokesperson.
Suzuki produced 1 million units of the Swift worldwide in 2008; the compact car has gained a significant following among Arab youth due to its sporty features and enhanced performance.
The 2009 version of the popular Grand Vitara sports-utility vehicle was recently introduced, offering improved design and comfort while retaining its superior off-road handling.
The mid-size SX4 sedan was launched in the Middle East in 2008 and immediately emerged as a major contributor to regional sales due to its renowned blend of excellent safety, comfort and handling features.
“Our solid performance in 2008 affirms the trust that our Middle Eastern customers have given our brand. We shall continue to launch new models within the year in recognition of the Middle East’s status as one of our biggest regional markets,” stated Takeo Fukuda, group leader, Middle East and Africa, Marketing Group (Automobile), Suzuki Motor Corp.
The soon-to-be introduced Celerio, is a five-door hatchback, powered by a state-of-the-art, lightweight new K10B petrol engine and features best-in-class fuel efficiency.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service