Altima tops UAE sedan sales for Dec
Dubai , February 26, 2009
Nissan’s Altima topped UAE’s sedan segment in December 2008 by posting sales figures that were 50 per cent higher than its direct competitors, said a statement.
“Altima’s high feature count, strong performance, sporty handling and strong value for money equation continue to make Altima a highly appealing car,” said Hirotaka Mima, passenger vehicle brand manager at Nissan ME. “Altima boasts such a high level of standard specification that it can be considered a near luxury product and its proven durability earned by claiming 22 regional FIA endurance records in 24 hours proves it’s a car you can count on.'
The 2009 Nissan Altima features ‘intelligent key’ with push button ignition, built-in hands-free Bluetooth, 9-speaker Bose audio system with iPod connection, dual-zone automatic climate control and steering wheel-mounted controls for Bluetooth, audio and cruise control.
The Altima’s new generation Xtronic CVT (continuously variable transmission)
is designed to deliver a smooth, responsive, fluid-feeling performance feel with efficient operation. A choice of two engines are available to specify with the CVT transmission – either a 2.5-litre 188hp four-cylinder engine or a 3.5-litre 285hp V6 engine.
As part of Altima’s safety features, Nissan has announced sponsoring 2,500 scholarships in Saudi Arabia at the Safra Defensive Driving Academy based at Jeddah Raceway.
Nissan has also provided eight of its front-wheel drive Altima sedans as the official vehicles of the academy. The vehicles will be used by the participants to learn safe driving and road safety techniques during the ‘behind the wheel’ portion of the training course.
Nissan has put the Altima through over 5000 quality and performance tests, said the statement. These include the high-speed oval track, slalom, pothole, stone road, frame twist, dust intrusion, chipper, door cycle, heat and salt water tests. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners