Ducati introduces new Monster
Cologne, March 12, 2009
Italian motorcycle manufacturer Ducati has introduced its new 1100 and 1100 S Monster bikes, adding to its roster of 'genuinely compact, high performance' motorcycles.
These new models have succeeded in being even more 'pared down' than their predecessors. The Monster 1100 weighs 169 kg (168kg for the S version), making it by far the lightest bike in its category.
With its new single-sided aluminium swingarm, high level of componentry, race-oriented chassis and 15 years of evolution, the Monster 1100 now takes its place at the head of the Monster family.
The Monster 1100 S is a pure concentrate of lightness, power, design and exclusivity. The 'S' features 43mm Öhlins forks and progressive Öhlins rear shock absorber. Carbon fibre cam belt covers, silencer guards and front fender reduce weight by a further one kilo.
The distinctive racing gold coloured five-spoke wheels of the Monster 1100 S give it an elegant style and the same sporting look as historical Ducati racing models.
Both versions of the new Monster 1100, which comes factory-personalised with removable single seat covers and neat micro-bikini fairings, are powered by the charismatic two-valve 1100 cc Desmodromic twin-cylinder engine delivering 95 hp at 7500 rpm and an impressive torque of 10.5 kgm (79.5lb-ft) at 6000 rpm.
The first public appearance for the Monster 1100 will be at the International Motorcycle Show in Cologne, Germany, running from October 8 to 12. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers